Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Er...hi?

Wow. Two weeks since I last updated. Sorry about that!

Well, the last time I wrote I mentioned that someone had stolen a package of mine. It's still MIA. I sent Caroline, the concierge, an email yesterday explaining that I still had not received anything, but I hadn't exactly been checking in at the front desk, either. I also said that my parents have re-ordered the case and it should be here Thursday. No response. So I'm going to assume that they're having a meeting about what to do.

The 27th was my birthday. My unit at the office (aww, I'm so grown up!) threw me a breakfast party complete with Krispy Kremes, half-bagel and sausage sandwiches, scrambled eggs with shallots, granola, yogurt, grapes, etc. It was really yummy. And Taeko gave me flowers. ♥ I have the best supervisor ever.

My parents came up on Friday night for my birthday weekend. We...I don't remember what we did. Oh! We went to the Sichuan Pavilion. They enjoyed the authentic Chinese. I think they liked the dumplings more than the buns, though, which is the complete opposite of me. But if you're not an expert with chopsticks, it's kinda hard to get use to how to eat the buns.

Saturday night we had my birthday dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. Mmmmm. We didn't tell them it was my birthday, but they brought out my piece of cheesecake with a candle in it and "Happy Birthday to you!" written on the plate in syrup. Oh, and rainbow confetti all over. Good stuff.

Sunday, we went shopping at Montgomery Mall, which is a mall that is really close to here that I had no clue about. It's really easy to get to, too: take the metro and hop on a bus. Takes you right to the mall. But it's huge and awesome. Macy's is there, and if you have a uterus, you probably know about the huge sale they were having. So I stocked up on short-sleeved shirts for when the weather warms up, and got some new work pants, too. I also finally got my hands on a cashmere/wool coat that I've been wanting for a long time. The other coat I have is just too bulky. This coat is awesome and I love it so. They had an ivory one, too, which looked gorgeous on me and which I've also been wanting for forever, but we couldn't afford both and I wouldn't be able to wear the ivory one all the time. It would get dirty way too easily.

Monday we had programming, which was horribly boring and I read through the entire thing. They never took attendance, which really irritates me. If they're not going to do that, I'm just going to stay home during boring ones. Of course, next week is Career Boot Camp, which should at least be informative. But there are some other events that I have no interest in whatsoever. Also had class that night, where we talked about beastiality among the Mongolians and the baboon-esque habits of the Tibetans before Han Chinese showed up. Interesting, it is.

Yesterday and today was back to work stuff. I've been waiting on access to this system for at least a week. I finally got the email with my account info today and I only have limited access, and it's limited in a way that disallows me to do my work. So now Taeko's trying to get me full access. In the meantime, she's entrusted her login information to me, which was quite a shock to the rest of the team. ^_^

I've had a cough for the past few days. It's a tickle below my voicebox that feels like phlegm or something, but I never cough anything up. It's getting on my nerves, though. Hopefully I can get over it this weekend. I'm thinking of taking a half day Friday so I can recover early. I'm totally having my PJ day this weekend, since I didn't get one last weekend.

That's about all in the life of me right now. I want the weather to warm. I'm still addicted to pork buns. And I'm waiting for the dryer to go off so I can go to sleep. Life could be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment